10 Things You Didn’t Know About John H. Ames
There are many things that you don’t know about me. For example, my real name is Juan Alvarado and I was born in El Salvador, Central America. When I was seven, my mom took me to Belize to start a new life. That’s where I learned a new language and became my own person. There several things that only my close family and friends know. I’m here to reveal a few of them to you today. I really hope you like them and don’t get too freaked out by some of them.
- I’m a huge comic book fan, particularly of Supergirl. Yes, I’m a huge fan of the Maiden of Steel. I started loving Superman since I was two, but Supergirl stole my heart and soul. Here’s something I haven’t told anyone, I wrote my very own adaptation of the Woman of Steel. I haven’t shared that story with anyone and chances are that no one will ever read it.
- Nelly Furtado is my life and rhythm. Saying that I love that woman would be a huge understatement. The first time that I heard a Nelly Furtado song was back in 2000. Her music felt so soothing and relaxing. I felt a huge connection with her and became her number one since. I dedicated the second story found in my latest novel, Love, Joy, Heartache and Pain to her. I’m hoping and praying that one day she reads it and shares her opinion about it with me.
- I can hold grudges for life. Yes, I know it’s something bad for you and you should let go of things and move on. Blah, blah, blah! I simply can’t. As much as I try, I can’t let go and move on with my life. Screw me once and I’ll never forget. You will, but I won’t. Trust me.
- All of my novels have been dedicated to individuals that have impacted my life in one way or the other. From Jeff Erno to the people that have always brought me down, somehow they shaped me into the person that I am today and I have to thank them for it. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them.
- I’m a huge movie lover. I’m obsessed with movies. Since I’m a writer and work fulltime, I barely have time to sit down and watch television. So what do I do when I find myself with some spare time? I pick a movie up and watched the crap out of it! I probably have over 600 movies in my collection so picking one can be extremely hard sometimes. You might be asking yourself, what’s my favorite movie of all time? Believe it or not, it’s The Devil Wears Prada. I have watched it at least 500 times.
- I have a degree in Business Administration with Economics. I know many of you think that because I’m an author I would have a fancy degree in English or Literature. Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t. If I could turn back time, I would have definitely pursued an English or Literature degree. I did great in my field by the way. I graduated with honors a few years ago.
- I’m obsessed with chocolate. Chocolate is the greatest thing ever invented by God. I have to have a chocolate bar every day of my life. If I could live inside a chocolate covered house, I would. I would eat the walls, the furniture, and everything in between. You can give me chocolate for any occasion and I would love you until the end of time.
- I live in two worlds. Yes, two worlds. The world that everyone sees and the world that I’ve created inside my head. And let me tell you something, the world inside my head is far more interesting and thrilling. It’s here where I find inspiration for all of my novels.
- I had and still probably do have a huge crush on Chad Michael Murray. To me, he’s the sexiest guy on the face of the planet! I’ve watched all his work and he’s basically the main reason why I have all nine seasons of One Tree Hill. He has inspired several of my characters and will probably continue to do so. I just can’t get enough of him! He’s that hot.
- This one is a little embarrassing to admit, but I’ll say it. I masturbate at least once a day. Yes, I’m guilty of doing what some of you would never admit. But, I’m single, young and free. I also don’t throw myself around to anyone. Besides, it’s a healthy and stress relieving recreation.
There you have it, guys! These are the ten things that you didn’t know about me. Some are easy to admit. Others, not so much (I’m talking about the last one). But I had to tell someone. Hopefully you enjoyed them and I took your mind from this stressful world. For any more information about my work, you can contact me at https://johnhenryamesbooks.wordpress.com/ or email me at email@example.com. Until next time!
TITLE: Love, Joy, Heartache & Pain
AUTHOR: John H. Ames
PUBLISHER: Ai Press
COVER ARTIST: Sid Love
LENGTH: 207 Pages
RELEASE DATE: March 31, 2016
BLURB: A collection of new entwined stories by best-selling Young Adult author, John H. Ames. Love that reaches beyond the boundaries of the physical realm…
The not so unrealistic detailed account of how my best friend and I swapped bodies for a short period of time. -High school is one of the most excruciating and painful periods of any teenager’s life. To Kyle, it’s hell on earth. Being the target of the jocks made him hate high school more than anything in the world. All he has is his best friend and the center of the jock’s interest, the beautiful Kylie Bursnell. But Kylie is not your typical beauty. She hates the jocks even more than Kyle, especially Lucas Edward Johnson, a jock who is madly in love with her and Kyle’s forbidden dream. After a bizarre and freaky night, they swap bodies and are force to live each other’s live. Can this actually be true? Has Kyle’s dream come true? Will he be able to love Lucas Edward Johnson unconditionally until the end of time? Or is their love nothing but a beautiful dream enveloped in heartache and pain?
The Spirit Indestructible
Brandon Angelo William has it all. He’s hot, popular, shy, humble, and one of the typical and regular guys in high school. But, unbeknownst to everyone, he’s a closeted gay teen who came out to his parents the previous year. They loved and accepted him with open arms so what more could Brandon want? Love. The one thing that his soul and body need. After a late night out with his best friend, Kevin, Brad sees one of the most beautiful guys he has ever laid eyes on. But could the teen in front of him be real? Or is he the legendary hitching ghost that everyone talks about? Brad needs to find out and what he discovers shocks him and changes his young life forever…
The Lake View Psychopath
Jocks beware, he’s here and he’s not scared. Ashton Hall hates his existence at Lake View High. The jocks have made his life a living hell and his friends have completely turned their backs on him. Why? For being gay and dating the love of his life, Austin Young. Almost overnight, they became the center of every joke and every bully’s paradise. To make matters worse, even the school’s coach allows his ‘jock superstars’ to make fun of them.
But everything the night Austin Young is brutally murdered by the jocks and they walk free. Something snaps inside Ashton’s head and the only think he can think of is revenge. Will Ashton come to his sense and let Austin go? Or will he become one of the greatest serial killers of all time?
And there I stood, at the entrance of the school, wishing I were anywhere else but in this goddamn rat hole of hypocrites, liars and backstabbers.
“Move it loser!” Andrew shouted, knocking me to the side.
And then there was Andrew Cooper. He and a couple of his jock friends laughed and teased me as they walked inside the building. Andrew Cooper, the asshole jock, was the main reason why I hated my life at Gelson High. I couldn’t wait for graduation at the end of the year, so he could kiss my white ass goodbye once and for all. I loathed that pathetic little loser with all my heart, body and soul.
“Take comfort in the fact that this is his fifth year here.” A voice behind me caused me to immediately turn around.
And there she was, Kylie Bursnell, in all her glory. Now, since she is my best friend, me, a geeky little loser who’s afraid of a big, muscular jock, many of you may think that might make Kylie either a nerd or a reject from hell. Well, that isn’t the case at all. In fact, Kylie is one of the cheerleaders on the Gelson High cheerleading squad. The girl is a freaking bombshell! Every guy wants her, except for my other best friend, Josh, the rebel of our senior class. That’s the clichéd part of this story. For some reason, he doesn’t like her, or they just don’t click. You may be wondering why a girl like her would even be friends with a loser like me since cheerleaders are mostly shallow, arrogant and mean. Well, she’s not the typical cheerleader, that’s for sure. She is real and down to earth, just like me.
Juan H. Alvarado was born in El Salvador C.A. He currently lives in Belize and began writing in 2008. He posted some of his work on an internet website, and after receiving positive feedback, he completed several full-length novels under his pen name, John Henry Ames. His first completed novel is Surviving Elite High. The story chronicles the life of a gay sixteen-year-old boy as he makes his way through life as an outcast in the shadows of an elite high school where he is tormented by two psychopathic bullies. His passions are writing, reading and spending time with the ones he loves.
Winner’s Prize: $15 Amazon GC
April 4: Man2ManTastic
April 5: Cia’s Stories
April 8: MM Book Escape
April 12: Drops of Ink
April 13: Alpha Book Club
April 14: Joyfully Jay
April 15: The Novel Approach
April 16: Prism Book Alliance